We handpick everything for production, to ensure we only use the finest leathers.
We use 100% bovine, aniline, full-grain and veg-tan leather. Bovine means that it is a cattle hide. The most common species of bovines are cows. Aniline leather is immersed in a dye bath. The dye colours the leather. The resulting product will retain the hide’s natural surface. Full-grain leather refers to the strongest part of the hide, which is just below the hair. It has not been sanded nor buffed, which means it displays the more natural characteristics of leather. Vegetable tanned leather refers to the tannage, or method of tanning a cowhide into leather. it uses natural materials like tree bark, and is one of the oldest methods of tanning
Every hide is unique. We do try to keep our merchandise as close as possible to the items reflected in our photos. Small deviations in texture and colour can occur. Your item will mature beautifully over time.
Your shipping address can be changed via the dashboard. Click on the ‘My Account’ button on the top left of the screen, there you will see the ‘account details’ button.
Please contact email@example.com with the order number in the subject line as well as the reason and/or how you would like to modify it, within 14 days of placing the order.
We will send your item to any destination within South Africa, for R100 if your purchase total is less than R2500,00
- Direct transfer
You will receive an email confirming that your order has been completed. You will receive a second email once your order has been sent with our courier. Orders placed, will be delivered within 2 – 4 days to central areas. Outlying areas will add a day or 2 onto this. We are as excited to send you your Black Swan item, as you are to receive it!
- for any defects, please email us a photo of the defect to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with the relevant procedure
- if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a replacement product, or credit to be used towards a different purchase, within 14 days of receiving your item. Items need to be in its original condition, unused, else it will not be eligible for exchange
- you are welcome to ship the item back to us, or deliver in person
- For refunds, if applicable, we will inspect the item, and send you an email notifying you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If your refund is approved, we will organise to credit you in the original manner of payment
- only regular priced items may be refunded. No refunds on sale items
- zips and fittings may deteriorate over years of use
- for any other queries, please email us on email@example.com so that we may address your concerns